The Northwell Health Advanced Clinical Provider Fellowship in General and Trauma Surgery is a comprehensive program designed to foster clinical excellence in post-graduate nurse practitioners and physician assistants with an interest in pursuing a successful career in general and trauma surgery. The program is a one year, focused mentorship that provides the advanced clinical knowledge necessary to become leaders in the care of general surgical and trauma patients. The program blends both non-operative and procedural training that traverses the spectrum of care for this complex patient population. This is done through clinical rotations and didactic sessions designed specifically to enhance the fund of knowledge and technical skills needed to excel as a practitioner in this exciting field.
Participants will be fully immersed in all phases of the care of general surgical and traumatically injured patients. This includes initial patient evaluation in the emergency department as well as the floors, ICUs and the operating room. After completing the program fellows will have the tools required to care for these patients in this ever evolving and exciting surgical specialty. Listed below are a few of the areas of care that fellows will be exposed to in this program.
- Biliary Tree, Gallbladder and Liver Disease
- Breast Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery: Malignant and Benign Diseases
- Fluids, Electrolyte Management and Nutrition
- Foregut and Bariatric Surgery
- Hernia Surgery: Open, Laparoscopic and Robotic Procedures
- Pre-operative, Peri-operative and Post-operative Care and Evaluation
- Surgical Critical Care
- Surgical Oncology
- Trauma: Soft tissue, Thoracic, Abdominal and Vascular Injuries
- Vascular Surgery: Arterial and Venous Diseases
- Wound Care and Soft Tissue Infections