Advanced Clinical Providers Fellowship
Northwell Health’s mission statement includes a commitment to educating the current and future generations of healthcare professionals. As NY State’s largest private employer, Northwell Health recognizes the value that PAs and NPs contribute to the healthcare landscape. In alignment with our commitment to on-going education and career advancement of our providers, we are pleased to offer a broad choice of “Transition to Practice” Fellowship Program tracks. The Fellowship program is geared toward PAs and NPs who wish to obtain the advanced knowledge and technical skills necessary to become competent, confident, and compassionate healthcare providers who practice to the very top of their licensure.
We offer fellowship tracks in:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery/Trauma
- Hospital Medicine
- Neuro-interventional Radiology
- Orthopedics and Primary Care with focus on Endocrinology
- Rheumatology or Bone Health
We are currently developing additional specialty track training for those interested in a career in:
- Organ Transplant and Neurosurgical Sciences
The goal of the Fellowship Program is to provide PAs and NPs with the opportunity to learn and train in a structured, mentored, and protected environment making the transition to practice a rewarding experience. We embrace a “train to retain” philosophy and maintain an exemplary retention rate of our graduates. We strive to craft providers who function at the top of their license, provide exemplary patient care and do so in a professional, ethical, and sensitive manner. We aim to identify upcoming leaders by offering incredible growth opportunities to those who wish to advance their careers and carry the healthcare system’s vision and mission forward for future generations.
Regardless of which specialty track you pursue; all accepted Fellowship providers will attend a specially designed three-week orientation and welcoming experience built upon our unique foundational pillar system of learning. During this time, you will learn the essentials on how to navigate and function seamlessly within our healthcare system, while developing a strong acumen of core clinical knowledge and professional development skills. As you begin training within your chosen track, a series of core learning activities will be held monthly, specifically developed to augment your career growth and development. Fellows from all tracks will reconvene for these activities which will include lectures, case study analysis, procedural skills training, simulation lab experiences, bio-skills classes, ultrasound training and more.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited PA/NP education program
- PAs must have NCCPA National Board Certification
- NPs must have National Board Certification. Please see the specific specialty track for requirements pertaining to FNP and ANP certification requirements
- PAs and NPs must have a valid New York State license. NPs must have current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse AND a Nurse Practitioner
- Current BLS/ACLS certification
A member from our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you after you submit your CV from the link provided below. You will then receive further instructions on obtaining additional information about our Fellowship Program and where to send the rest of the required documentation.
- Current CV
- 250-word essay describing why you would like to apply to our Fellowship Program and what you hope to gain from the experience
- Most recent, unofficial copy of your school transcript.
- 3 Letters of recommendation (1 must be from your schools Program Director if you are a new graduate)
Please click on the link below that corresponds to the Fellowship track you are interested in. There you will find more detailed information about that sub-specialty and what Northwell Health has to offer you.
For questions, please contact [email protected]